New Haven, Connecticut, United States 1865 - Paris 1925
Maker: Limerick, J. Arthur, Company
Dimensions (HxWxD): 72 x 72 x 36 in.
front of the base: BENJAMIN FRANKLIN 1706-1790
back of the base: PRESENTED TO THE CITIZENS OF WATERBURY / BY ELISHA LEAVENWORTH / IN APPRECIATION OF / A GREAT STATESMAN, PHILOSOPHER AND PATRIOT
Photo credit: ph. Wikimedia/Amphictyon1
- Presented by Elisha Leavenworth (1814-1911), Waterbury industrialist
- 1921, June 3, Dedicated in front of the Silas Bronson Library
- Waymarking.com, Benjamin Franklin Monument, Waterbury, accessed June 20, 2017
- Library of Congress, Benjamin Franklin, accessed June 20, 2017
- 1979 Preszler
Robert E. Preszler, Washington County Museum of Fine Arts. The Permanent Collection, Hagerstown, 1979, p. 98, n° 49
- Bronze reduction, 1913, Hagerstown, Maryland, Washington County Museum of Fine Arts.