Toulouse, Haute-Garonne 1831 - Paris 1900
Identification of sitter by Laurent Falguière, great-grand-son of the sculptor, March 2019.
Léonide Leblanc (1842-1894), actrice et courtisane
Léonide Leblanc (1842-1894), actress and courtesan
Dimensions (HxWxD): 24 3⁄4 x 17 x 8 7⁄8 in.
Acc. No.: 43-34
Credit Line: Purchase: William Rockhill Nelson Trust
Photo credit: The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City
- Information given by Laurent Falguière, December 2019:
- (Brummer Gallery Archives, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, record P15096, "Sidonie Leblond")
- 1938, October 14, New York, Brummer Gallery, "Arr." (arrived?), BR 320/1
- 1943, December 13, New York, Brummer Gallery, Sold to Nelson Gallery, $2,649 (pencil annotation: Sold to Nelson Gallery, Nov. 15/43, $50000 In a lot) (?)
- Purchase: William Rockhill Nelson Trust
- Museum's website, May 2014
- 1883 Paris
Exposition triennale nationale, Paris, 1883