Kiev, Ukraine 1887 - New York, United States 1964
Le poète ukrainien Taras Chevtchenko (1814-1861)
The Ukrainian Poet Taras Shevchenko (1814-1861)
Dimensions (HxWxD): H. 23 in.
Acc. No.: 35.45
Credit Line: Gift of the Ukrainian National Chorus
Photo credit: 2013 Detroit Institute of Arts
- 1935, Commissioned by the donor
- 1935, Gift of the Ukrainian National Chorus
- 1971, sent on indefinite loan to the Ukrainian-American Archives and Museum, Hamtramck, MI
- by 2004, returned to the museum
- 2005 Leshko
Jaroslaw Leshko, Alexander Archipenko: Vision and Continuity, New York, The Ukrainian Museum, 2005, exh. cat, p. 122
- Plaster, 1935, 23 1/2 x 28, Stamford, CT, Ukrainian Museum and Library.