Dimensions (HxWxD): H: 4 5⁄8 in.
Acc. No.: 27.45
Credit Line: Acquired by William T. Walters, 1889
Photo credit: The Walters Art Museum, Baltimore
© Artist : public domain
- 1889, Paris, Madame Perrone Barye
- 1889, Baltimore, William T. Walters [mode of acquisition unknown] [through George A. Lucas]
- 1894, Baltimore, Henry Walters, by inheritance
- 1931, Walters Art Museum, by bequest
- Museum's information, April 2013:
Barye initially modeled the bird in wax, which is supported internally by a wire armature, or framework.