Fille à l'oiseau et à la coquille
Girl with a Bird and a Shell
late 19th or early 20th century
Dimensions (HxWxD): 8 3⁄4 x 4 11⁄16 x 5 3⁄4 in.
mark incised in clay on underside of base before firing
Acc. No.: 65.2211
Credit Line: Bequest of Forsyth Wickes - The Forsyth Wickes Collection
Photo credit: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
© Artist : public domain
- By 1964, New York and Newport, Forsyth Wickes (1876-1964)
- 1965, December 24, bequest of Wickes to the MFA
- Museum's website, 21 March 2012
- 1992 MFA
The Forsyth Wickes Collection in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MFA, 1992, no. 362, p. 334
- See its pendant Boy with a Cage, terracotta, Boston, Museum of Fine Arts, 65.2210.
- The Forsyth Wickes Collection in the Museum of Fine Arts, 1992, p. 334:
possibly a variant of a marble by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle (1714-1785), La Fillette à l'oiseau et à la pomme.
Museum's website, July 26, 2011:
Bisque nude of a seated child, on oblong base, looking down on dove which is held in left hand, right hand raised in feeding gesture, shell in relief, right of folded legs. Mounted on oblong bronxe dore base.