Bourges, Cher c. 1430 - Tours, Indre-et-Loire c. 1513
France or Italy 16th century after Michel Colombe.
Louis XII (1462-1515), Roi de France 1498 (face), Inscription (revers)
Louis XII (1462-1515), King of France 1498 (obverse), Inscription (reverse)
early 16th century
medal and plaquette
Dimensions (HxWxD): diam.: 1 3⁄8 in.
across top incised: LVD[ovicus] XII
Acc. No.: 1957.14.901.a, b
Credit Line: Samuel H. Kress Collection
Photo credit: Courtesy National Gallery of Art, Washington
- Paris, Gustave Dreyfus (1837-1914)
- his estate
- 1930, Purchased by Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York
- 1945, Purchased by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York
- 1957, gift to the National Gallery of Art, Washington
- Museum's website, 11 August 2011
- 1967 Hill, Pollard
George Francis Hill, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art, London, 1967, n. 307
- 2007 Pollard
John Graham Pollard, Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue, 2 vols, Washington, 2007, vol. 1, n. 348, repr.