Dimensions (HxWxD): 14 13⁄16 x 10 3⁄4 x 7 1⁄16 in.
falsely signed and dated, on back on bottom edge: A. Houdon, F. AN. 1777
Acc. No.: 1942.9.125
Credit Line: Widener Collection
Photo credit: Courtesy National Gallery of Art, Washington
- Paris, Joseph Bardac
- Paris and New York, E. Gimpel & Wildenstein
- Inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, after purchase 21 February 1917 by funds of Joseph E. Widener
- 1942, gift to National Gallery of Art, Washington
- Museum's website, 2nd August 2011
- 1959 Shapley
possibly Fern Rusk Shapley, Early Italian Painting in the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 1959 (Booklet Number Three in Ten Schools of Painting in the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.), p. 94 (reference could be to 1942.9.123)
- 1994 NGA Washington
Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, p. 111, repr.
- See also Louise Brongniart, terracotta, c. 1910, in the same museum, 1942.9.126.
And the two marble busts by Houdon, in the same museum, 1942.9.123 and 1942.9.124.