Strasbourg, Bas-Rhin 1832 - Paris 1883
Amour et crânes (L'Amour triomphe de la Mort)
Cupid and Skulls (Love Triumphing over Death)
Dimensions (HxWxD): 7 x 5 15⁄16 x 9 11⁄16 in.
signed right front corner: Gve Doré
Acc. No.: 73.148
Credit Line: Gift of Uforia, Inc.
Photo credit: Photography by Erik Gould, courtesy of the Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence
- Given by Doré to the actress Alice Ozy (1820-1893)
- bequeathed by her to her executor, Alidor Delzant
- by whom to his grand-son
- who sold it to M. La Brely
- 1973, purchased for the Museum from Paula Cooper Gallery, New York
- 1973, Gift of Uforia, Inc.
- 1991 Rosenfeld
European Painting and Sculpture, ca. 1770-1937 in the Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, edited by Daniel Rosenfeld, Providence, 1991, p. 150-152, no. 59, ill. (entry by Daniel Rosenfeld), p. 259