- France, collection privée
- Paris, galerie de Bayser
- été 2015, Londres, Daniel Katz
- 2015, donné au Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, par Fayez Sarofim
- 2015, achat du musée financé par par Fayez Sarofim en mémoire de Maxwell Alexander Sarofim lors de “One Great Night in November, 2015” (soirée de gala)
- Museum's website, March 12, 2018
See text on French version of this website.
Museum's label, October 2016:
Auguste Préault is today considered the French Romantic sculptor par excellence and this remarkable roundel, conceived for the funerary monument of Jacob Roblès (1792-1842), his masterpiece.
Completely innovative in form, this awe-inspiring head of a shrouded man who holds his finger against his closed lips is the very embodiment of "The horror of the fatal enigma, the seal closing the mouth at the moment we learn the word," (J. Michelet, 1846).