- 2010, 2 juin, Londres, Sotheby's, vente, lot 48
- vendu à Katz ?
- jusqu'en 2011, Londres, Daniel Katz Ltd.
- vendu au Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- 2011, achat, Friends of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts Gifts, The Charles E. Sampson Memorial Fund, fonds de divers donateurs, et Rogers Fund
- Museum's website (accessed 22 December 2015)
Museum's website (accessed 22 December 2015):
Many sculptors in the late nineteenth-century turned to commercial manufacturers when they chose to work in ceramics. The firm of Emile Muller, located in the suburbs of Paris, produced this stoneware relief, as well as the figure of a lizard designed by Emmanuel Fremiet exhibited elsewhere in this gallery. The artist Alexandre Charpentier designed a low-relief ceramic plaque to advertise the work of the Muller firm, an example of which is displayed in a nearby case.