- 1890, Purchased from France by businessman William J. Thompson (nicknamed "The Duke of Gloucester") and placed on his Gloucester City estate
- in the 1920s, When the estate was demolished to make room for the Coast Guard station, the statue was saved
- 1929, The statue was moved to its present location when Camden County created the new park
- Smithsonian Institution/SOS! website, August 14, 2015
- 2012 Matthews
Mark Matthews, "Meandering w/ Mark Matthews: Outrage over Gloucester's City "Iron Lady" Statue", CBNnews.net, 30 July 2012 (see http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/clearysnotebook/2012/07/meandering-w-mark-matthews-outrage-over-gloucester-iron-lady-statue.html)
Marble commissioned by Les Bâtiments du Roi in 1755.
Sketch exhibited at the 1757 Salon in Paris.
Marble, Paris, Musée du Louvre; created a sensation when exhibited at the 1767 Salon. Louis XV gave the statue in 1772 to Madame Du Barry, who installed it in the park of the Château de Louveciennes.