- Henry Willett, purchased from the artist's descendants?, Sold to Rathbone?
- 1910, London, Frederick Rathbone, sold to
- Grenville Lindall Winthrop, for £18 10s
- 1943, bequest of Grenville L. Winthrop to Fogg Art Museum
- Museum's website, January 23, 2013
Wikipedia, January 25, 2013:
The bust of Shakespeare, known as the Davenant bust, belonging to the Garrick Club, is attributed to Roubillac.
The statue of Shakespeare, commissioned to Roubillac by David Garrick and given to the English nation by Garrick, is at the British Museum.