- Florence, Marchesi Capponi
- 1894, Florence, Alessandro? Bosi (correspondence in curatorial file refers separately to "Sig. d'Alessandro" and Bosi, but Alessandro Bosi was known to have been a collector)
- 1925, New York, Aaron and Nettie Naumburg
- 1930, gift to the Fogg Art Museum
- Museum's website, January 23, 2013
- 1927 Seligmann & Co.
Loan exhibition of religious art for the benefit of the Basilique of the Sacre Cœur of Paris, at the Galleries of Jacques Seligmann & Co., Inc., exh. cat., New York, Jacques Seligmann & Co., 1927, no. XLV, repr.
- 1958 Verdier
Philippe Verdier, "A Reproduction of a Lost Work by Germain Pilon?", Bulletin of the Walters Art Gallery, 1958, vol. X, no. 7, n.p., repr. as fig. 2
- 1927 New York
Loan Exhibition of Religious Art, New York, Jacques Seligmann & Co., March 1-July 30, 1927, no. XLV
- 1955-1956 Brooklyn/Louisville/Dallas/Seattle
Sculpture in Silver from Islands of Time, Brooklyn Museum of Art, Septemberr 1-November 1, 1955; Louisville, Speed Art Museum, November 1, 1955-March 1, 1956; Dallas Museum of Art, December , 1955-March 1, 1956; Seattle Art Museum, February 1-March 1, 1956, no. 12
Previously attributed to Benvenuto Cellini (1500-1571).