- London, P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., Ltd.
- sold possibly by the 1920s and definitely by June 1932 to George Matthew Adams (1878-1962), Riverdale, New York
- 1956, Gift of George Matthew Adams in memory of his mother, Lydia Havens Adams
- Museum's website, 16 March 2012
- 1965 NGA Catalogue
Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965, p. 150
- 1968 NGA Catalogue
European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968, p. 133, repro.
- 1994 NGA Sculpture Catalogue
Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, p. 50, repro.
- 2000 Butler and Lindsay
Ruth Butler, and Suzanne Glover Lindsay, with Alison Luchs, Douglas Lewis, Cynthia J. Mills, and Jeffrey Weidman. European Sculpture of the Nineteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000, p. 108-111, color repr.
- 1974 Washington
Nineteenth-Century Sculpture, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1974, unnumbered checklist