- London, Nicolas Eustache Ambatielos (1885-1956)
- By 1929, New York and Paris, Wildenstein and Co. Inc.
- 1929, January 9, sold by Wildenstein to Forsyth Wickes (1876-1964)
- 1929-1965, New York and Newport, RI, Forsyth Wickes
- 1965, December 24, bequest of Wickes to the MFA
- Museum's website, 27 February 2012 and 20 March 2012
- 1992 MFA
The Forsyth Wickes Collection in the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MFA, 1992, no. 352, p. 333
- 1922 Réau
Louis Réau, Etienne-Maurice Falconet, vol. 1, Paris, Demotte, p. 236-240
Museum's website, July 26, 2011:
Marble Venus and Amore, nude figure, right leg extended, left knee on draped rock embracing winged infant with festoon of flowers, right hand offering, on flat round base. Tip of left wing of child missing.