- New York, Shepherd Gallery
- 1993, Purchased by Frank Anderson Trapp (1922-2005), Pittsburgh
- 2004, Gift of Frank Anderson Trapp to the National Gallery of Art, Washington
- Museum's website, 16 August 2011
- 2009-2010 Los Angeles/Washington/Chicago
The Darker Side of Light: Arts of Privacy, 1850-1900, Hammer Museum, Los Angeles; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; David and Alfred Smart Museum of Art, University of Chicago, 2009-2010, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 1 of chapter "Sculpture and Privacy"
Bronze, Sotheby's London, 28 June 2007, n° 116.
Ivory, gilded and silvered bronze, emerald, and lapis lazuli, private collection.
Marble, and onyx colored, lapis lazuli, grey granit, malachite, Paris, Musée d'Orsay, RF 1409.