- Paris, Gustave Dreyfus (1837-1914)
- his estate
- 1930, Purchased by Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York
- 1945, Purchased by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York
- 1957, gift to the National Gallery of Art, Washington
- Museum's website, 11 August 2011
- 1967 Hill, Pollard
George Francis Hill, and Graham Pollard. Renaissance Medals from the Samuel H. Kress Collection at the National Gallery of Art, London, 1967, n. 544
- 1983 Wilson
Carolyn C. Wilson, Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983, p. 202, n. 26
- 2007 Pollard
John Graham Pollard, Renaissance Medals. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue, 2 vols, Washington, 2007, vol 2, n. 623, repr.
- 1994-1995 Washington/New York/Edinburgh
The Currency of Fame: Portrait Medals of the Renaissance, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Frick Collection, New York; National Gallery of Scotland, Edinburgh, 1994-1995, n. 143, repr.