- Collection Louis Philippe Joseph d'Orléans, duc de Chartres, then Orléans (1747-1793)
- From 1783, in 1787, Paris, château de Monceau
- From c. 1835, Paris, Bagatelle, Richard Seymour-Conway, 4th Marquess of Hertford (1800-1870)
- Paris, Bagatelle, Sir Richard Wallace (died 1890)
- Until 1904, Paris, Bagatelle, Sir John Edward Murray Scott, Bt. (1847-1912)
- From 1904 until 1910, London and New York, Duveen Bros., Inc.
- 1913, Bequest of Benjamin Altman
This figure is part of a fountain group made for Louis Philippe Joseph d'Orléans, duc de Chartres, for the "English" gardens of his château at Monceau, Paris (now the Parc Monceau).