- New York, Rosenberg and Stiebel
- 1956, bought by Mildred Browning Green and the Honorable Lucius Peyton Green of Los Angeles
- 1978, their bequest to the Huntington
- 2008 Bennett and Sargentson
French Art of the Eighteenth Century at The Huntington, Edited by Shelley M. Bennett and Carolyn Sargentson, The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, in association with Yale University Press, New Haven and London, 2008, p. 454, cat. 161, entry by Carolyn Miner
Original commissioned by the Marquis de Marigny to Allegrain in 1751.
Reduced plaster sketch exhibited by Allegrain in the Salon of 1757.
Marble exhibited by Allegran in the Salon of 1767.
Barbedienne and Susse Frères foundries and the cast workshop of the Musée du Louvre were producing signed versions of the sculpture by the end of the nineteenth century.
This version is likely one of the innumerable later versions.