- Brigadier James Orme M. Ashton, O.B.E. [1908-1989], Welston Court, Milton, Tenby, Wales
- by 1990, London, Thomas Agnew & Sons
- 1991, 15 February, purchased by the NGA, Gift of the 50th Anniversary Gift Committee
- Museum's website, 9 March 2012
- 1992 NGA Annual Report
National Gallery of Art. 1991 Annual Report. Washington, D.C., 1991: 16, repro. 17
- 1992 Agnew's
Agnew's 1982-1992. Exh. cat. Thomas Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London, 1992: 192, pl. 174
- 1994 NGA Sculpture Catalogue
Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 24, repro.
- 2000 Butler and Lindsay
Ruth Butler, and Suzanne Glover Lindsay, with Alison Luchs, Douglas Lewis, Cynthia J. Mills, and Jeffrey Weidman. European Sculpture of the Nineteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2000, p. 4-7, color repr.
- 1991 Washington
Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, supplement to catalogue, color repro.